The Jess Phillips Campaign can only accept donations that meet the legal requirements set out in the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA). For these purposes, a donation means any of the following:
- any gift of money or other property
- any sponsorship provided in relation to the Jess Phillips Campaign
- any subscription or other fee paid for affiliation to the Jess Phillips Campaign
- any money spent (otherwise than by or on behalf of the Jess Phillips Campaign) in paying any expenses incurred directly or indirectly by the Jess Phillips Campaign
- the provision otherwise than on commercial terms of any property, services or facilities for the use or benefit of the Jess Phillips Campaign (including the services of any person)
Equally, the Jess Phillips Campaign can only accept donations from one of the following:
- an individual registered in an electoral register
- a company a) registered under the Companies Act 2006, and b) incorporated within the United Kingdom or another member State of the EU, which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a registered party, other than a Gibraltar party whose entry in the register includes a statement that it intends to contest one or more elections to the European Parliament in the combined region
- a trade union entered in the list kept under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 or the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1992
- a building society (within the meaning of the Building Societies Act 1986)
- a limited liability partnership registered under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000 which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a friendly society registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1974, a registered society within the meaning of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 or a society registered (or deemed to be registered) under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 and
- any unincorporated association of two or more persons which does not fall within any of the preceding paragraphs but which carries on business or other activities wholly or mainly in the United Kingdom and whose main office is there.
The Jess Phillips Campaign will publish accounts regularly indicating all donations received in the previous 3 month period in excess of £500 (or such other sum as it is required to publish under PPERA).